Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wonderful Wednesday

     Welcome to this wonderful Wednesday! I just got back from my run this morning, my last run before the race on Friday!!! I ran 3.1 miles and guess what? New personal record!!! 35 minutes!!! 
      I know, it's not very fast when you look at other 5k times but I am pretty happy. I love seeing the progress I am making. As you know I have been running with walk breaks but this morning I decided to see how far I could run without even a short walk break and I ran for a whole mile!!! Wow, can you tell that I have runners high right now or what? Man, I love the feeling after a good run! I think today I may even reward myself with a nap! It's not weird that as I'm writing this I'm stretching is it? Man, I am so proud of myself right now. It's hard to believe that 3 1/2 weeks ago I had never really done any running and now I've gone 4 miles in a day. I can do 3.1 comfortably even running a mile straight during that. 
     Tomorrow is my day off to recoup before the race and so I think I am going to share with you my training plan for the next 8 weeks. I just decided what I am going to do last night! So, go ahead, it's your turn now. Get out there and show yourself what you can do! You know what I'll be doing.... I'm running! Why? Because I'm doing it for me, myself and I! 

No comments:

Post a Comment