Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Introduction

     So for those of you who have been following my other blog, OrganizedForReal, you know a little bit about me already but for those of you who don't my name is LeeAnn. I am 21 years old and have been married to my wonderful husband for a little over a year now. I am a little bit of a neat freak and I love to organize things. Cooking has always been a passion of mine since I was little and I am working as a personal chef. But the reason that I decided to start this new blog is because of my newest passion, running!
     Let me start of by saying that I have never been a runner, ever! I never have and never thought I would be. This last winter I dealt with some health issues and it was a tough time to get through. In the last couple of years I have tried to take good care of myself. I eat well and take vitamins to supplement but exercise has never been one of my strong-points. 
     So at the beginning of this month I decided that I was going to start exercising. I was going to do it for myself because I was tired of feeling like I couldn't. I was going to this for myself because their is no reason that I couldn't.
     So what would I do? At first I thought that I would swim during the summer since our pool had just opened but then I decided that I would use my parents treadmill that we are storing for them while they are doing construction on their house. I decided to start out slow and progressively build up because I had tried to start exercising before but my calves were so tight the first week that I gave up. Even now I am not running constantly, I am taking walk breaks, especially since this week I decided to take my running to the road!
     This is my third week and I have run 3 miles 4 times this week! Tomorrow I am going to go the furthest I have, 4 miles! My next post will be to show you what I've done the last 3 weeks and then after that I plan on having short posts as a daily update as I continue on this journey of running. My first 5k is coming up in 1 week and I could not be anymore excited!
     So, go ahead, lace up your shoes and join me on this journey. In posts to come I will share some of my short term as well as long term goals for my running and I'd love to hear yours as well. So here I go, I'm just running for me, myself and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment