Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Madness

When I woke up this morning, I could tell that it was a Monday. It had been raining though the nit and was really cloudy when the alarm went off at 6:45. Let's just say that I hit dismiss. I didn't want to run in the rain. So I slept just a little bit longer and then I was up. I got to thinking, if I don't run this morning, when am I going to run today? I kinda laid a guilt trip on myself. A little rain never killed anyone right? I mean there wasn't any thunder of lightning. So why not?

So it was about 7:30 when I left the house, shoes laced up and ready to go. I had a hat on to keep the rain out of my eyes and there was nothing that was going to stop me. I got to my parking spot at about 7:40. I decided that this morning I was going to try and run without music, and just run based on how my body felt. I wasn't sure if that was going to work at all, I wondered if I was going to get bored. So I decided that I would bring my earbuds with me just in case. I think it was when I got out of my car that I decided to run the farthest I have, 4 miles. I figured, why not? If I didn't do it now, I wouldn't get a chance to before race day and I wanted to have a longer distance under my belt. So 4 miles it was! I ran the 5k route plus along the route there is a track so I got the extra mileage there. 

It barely rained while I was running, just a few sprinkles. The temperature was nice, there was a breeze part of the time too. I just had to run around puddles and I got some mud on my legs when I got the the gravel or supposed to be gravel track. The first 3/4 of the lap was fine but the last 1/4 was quite soggy. Oh well! I didn't it anyway. Then it was back on to the road to get back to my car. I'm guessing a little more than a mile left at that point. From that point on it is a steady hill but I was determined to finish strong this time. I did much better than I had in times past. And when it was all said and done, I did it! 4 miles in 50 minutes. Not as fast as I would like but still something to be proud of. It equals out to 12:30 miles. I know I'll increase pace as I go. 

Well, that was my run for today! Tomorrow I am going to run 5k. So now it's your turn! Lace up your shoes and get out there! Let me know what you accomplished today, whether it be treadmill, trail or road, just get out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment